Tuesday, December 11, 2012

November

November has certainly been an interesting month for us!


This was taken on the first. Colby was still sleeping a lot, and I was busy trying to sanitize everything because everyone else in the house was sick.


Here he is on the fourth, looking as handsome as ever!


Let me tell you, these girls LOVE their brother. They will NOT leave him alone when he is not in his crib though! I feel like I say, "Get out of his face. Stop kissing him. Girls, he needs his space." at least a million time a day!
Which brings me to one of the horrible, awful, no good things we went through during the month of November. When Colby was three weeks old, he got a fever. Being good parents, we second guessed ourselves, and then decided we ought to take him to the hospital just in case it it something besides this awful virus that everyone in the family had already shared. We get to the ER and they have tremendous difficulty finding a vein for an IV (ended up in his scalp), get a chest xray, catheter for urine analysis, blood drawn, and four different attempts at a lumbar puncture (spinal tap, folks!). After a few days in the hospital receiving antibiotics for meningitis (just in case), his fever goes down, and his blood cultures come back negative. Unable to rule out meningitis (because they were never able to have a successful lumbar puncture), they tentatively sent us home. It was a rough few days, to say the least. Thankfully, Colby made a full recovery!


In happier times, this is just proof that girls like cars too!


All of our sweet kids! I'm starting to notice that Lyla will not keep her tongue in her mouth for a picture...my little clown. Now there is a really sad story that comes with this picture, as I thought it was going to be the last one I ever had of my sweet little Sammy dog. This was the night he was hit by a car. Thankfully after a few nights in the hospital, he is making a full recovery...but it was a really rough few days for us all. Can you believe it? Both my sons had to have emergency care! I am so DONE with hospitals (unless of course I get to bring home another new baby!).


Big sister and little brother on November 16th.

1 month old!


Lyla enjoying her new puzzle she received from Aunt Carrie for her third birthday.


My crazy kids (11/29)! How cute are they??

So, to say the least, it was a difficult month. There is a part of me that wishes that we could have just skipped over all of the hardship, but then I suppose we would lack the perspective we now have. Brad and I learned so much about the frailty of life, and feel so much more appreciative of the many blessings we have in our family.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment