Wednesday, July 10, 2013

South Dakota Vacation Part 2

The Blackhills were gorgeous! We think it would be so much fun to spend at least a week here, hiking and exploring. Unfortunately, this was a much shorter trip!

Looking out at the scenery. Why does Lyla look so ornery? Who knows.

Breathtaking. Yet again, the photo does nothing for nature.

I was literally sticking the camera out the window along our drive. I just could hardly believe that behind every corner turned, yet another beautiful image appeared.
 
 

After our very scenic drive, we finally made it to Mount Rushmore.

We then headed to Wind cave, another marvelous creation! Unfortunately, pictures aren't worth a flip when taken down in a cave. And even worse, it was really time for us to start heading home. Though there were certainly some antsy children in the backseat, and incredibly late nights that threw off everyone's routines, it was a really great trip. Anyone want to go back with us??
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I do! I do! Loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. .... we go to sd every summer! !! Have even considered moving there. We love it. Best pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do. I love that state since I grew up there.

    ReplyDelete